Under the Ministry of Education's Foreigner Management Guidelines, foreign students must purchase ‘insurance’.
University group insurance (fee-for-service medical insurance)
- Eligibility: Foreigners and expatriates who have stayed for less than 6 months after arrival at Korea
- Insurance premiums: Tuition includes insurance premiums, and the school signs everyone up for insurance.
- Coverage and how to claim insurance benefits: Download
- Contact: Institute of Korean Language Administrative Team (☎ 02-2260-3758)
Obligatory signup for National Health Insurance
- Eligibility: Foreigners and expatriates who have stayed for at least 6 months after arrival at Korea
- Signup procedure: National Health Insurance Service automatically signs you up and sends the certificate of health insurance and an insurance premiums payment notice to your address.
- Information video about National Health Insurance
- Contact: National Health Insurance Service Customer Center (1577-1000) or Foreign Language Call Center (033-811-2000)
※ Available languages: English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Uzbek