||- A roll call is conducted every class, and students are considered as being late or leaving early after 15 minutes.
- Being late 2 times equals 1 hour of absence.
|- Not participating in a culture experience activity counts as absence.
- The same guidelines for In person apply to lateness (being late).
- Absence: Not connected or Camera off during class
Marriage: If a student gets married during the semester, up to 5 days (20 hours) count as attendance.
※ Submit supporting documents before the end of the semester.
Death of immediate family members: Up to 5 days (20 hours) count as attendance.
※ Submit supporting documents before the end of the semester.
Attending an external event: For those representing the university and improving its honor in an external event, up to 3 days (12 hours) count as attendance. Before attending an external event, an official document from the event organizer where your name is specified must be submitted for permission, and permission must be obtained. For a participant in Buddhist training, up to 5 days (20 hours) count as attendance if a confirmation letter from the abbot is submitted.
Religious activity: Absence to perform a religious ceremony (e.g., Islamic prayer ceremony) counts as attendance.
Disease: Absence due to disease does not count as attendance in principle.
※ Nonetheless, if statutory infectious disease, long-term hospitalization, or surgery is required in accordance with a physician’s note, whether it counts as attendance will be decided when a justification letter and relevant documents are submitted.
||- You will be promoted if your attendance is ≥80% and your average score is ≥70 points over the semester.
※ Evaluation consists of midterm exam, final exam, and performance assessment.
- The level completion certificate is provided to students who meet all promotion criteria in the semester.
- You can enroll again after you complete Level 6.
|※ Exam Absence
• If you are absent from midterm exam(s) due to any inevitable reason, 80% of your final exam score may become your midterm exam score at the discretion of the Exam Preparation Committee.
• Absence in any subject for final exam will directly result in level failure.
||- The graduation certificate is provided to those Level 6 holders who have completed 3 levels in a row.
||• Average score of <70 points results in level failure.
• Score of <50 points in a subject results in subject failure. Average score of ≥70 points but with one subject failure results in level failure.
※ 3 consecutive level failures for beginner levels (Levels 1 and 2) and 2 consecutive level failures for intermediate levels (Levels 3 and 4) and advanced levels (Levels 5 and 6) result in dismissal.
- Average score of ≥70 points: Promotion
- Average score of ≥70 points but with 49 points in one subject among listening/writing/speaking/reading: Level failure
- 3 consecutive level failures for Levels 1 and 2: Dismissal (not allowed to enroll in the next semester)
- 2 consecutive level failures for Levels 3 to 6: Dismissal (not allowed to enroll in the next semester)
||• The level may be skipped if all of the following conditions are met:
- The average score in the semester is ≥95 points, and the teacher makes a recommendation.
- The level skipping test score is ≥90 points.
• The level skipping test will be conducted separately on a designated date if there is any eligible student.
||• Attendance Award: Given to the student who has never been absent or late in the semester (except for excused absence)
• Cum Laude: Given to the student with the highest score in each level in the semester (1 more added every 50 students per level)
• Effort Award: Given to the student who shows good participation in the class in the semester (1 per class)
||• Poor class attitude
- Any behavior interfering with class (e.g., the use of cellphone or mother tongue) results in a warning by the teacher.
- 3 warnings result in 1 day of absence. 3 days of absence resulting from warnings lead to individual consultation. If no improvement is made, you may be dismissed
- Your attendance for the class may not be recognized if your attitude is too poor.
- If you are caught cheating, you are required to fill out the Guidelines Violation Confirmation Form, and your test score may count as 0 depending on the severity.
- Cheating will be accumulated during your enrollment and referenced for student management.
• Undermining university guidelines and reputation
- If you undermine university guidelines and reputation, the Discipline Committee will be convened and give you a penalty based on its decision.
- Do not use the cellphone during class.
- Do not interfere with class.
- Do not use your mother tongue.
- Respect the country, culture, and individual orientation of classmates.
- Turn the camera on during online class.
- Supplementary Class: Provide 30 hours of Supplementary Class for students who have a lack of study during regular class.
- Exam Prep Class: Provide 1-2 hours of Exam Prep Class to review class before midterm exam and final exam.
- TOPIK Class: Provide 2-3 hours of TOPIK Class per day for 2 weeks (a total of 20-30 hours) in accordance with the TOPIK schedule.
- Special course schedule: To be announced during the semester.
※ The class time and schedule will be announced during the semester. The special course may be changed depending on the university’s circumstances during the semester.
|Best academic performance scholarship
||• Selection criteria: 1 student with the best academic performance per level among those who enroll in the semester, have ≥90% attendance in the previous semester, and score ≥80 points.
• Scholarship amount: 30% of the tuition.
|Good academic performance scholarship
||• Selection criteria: Student with the second best academic performance among those who enroll in the semester and have ≥90% attendance in the previous semester.
- If the score is tied, the student with a higher attendance rate will be selected.
- The number of students to receive good academic performance scholarship will be subject to change depending on the number of students enrolled in the previous semester.
• Scholarship amount: 10% of the tuition.
|Improved academic performance scholarship
||• Selection criteria: Student who enrolls in the semester, has ≥90% attendance in the previous semester, and shows the biggest improvement between midterm exam and final exam.
- Only to those promoted.
- If the improved score is tied, it will go to the student with a higher attendance rate.
• Scholarship amount: KRW 100,000.
- Scholarship is provided from the second enrollment semester.
- Those subject to tuition reduction/exemption are not eligible for scholarship.