The Korean Language Regular course operates a 4 hour class 5 times a week for 10 weeks and a 4 hour cultural experience program which is to be held 3 times in a semester. Integrated learning such as, listening, speaking, reading and writing and also through games and discussions students are provided more speaking opportunities. The Regular Course comprises of 6 levels Level1, Level2, Level3, Level4, Level5, Level6.
Objectives and Learning Contents by Level
||- Students can read and write Korean Consonants and Vowels completely.
- Students can understand Basic Sentence Structure, Tense Expression, and usage of Verbs and Adjectives
- Students have the Basic Language skills needed for daily life such as Greeting, Self Introduction, Purchasing Goods, Using Public Transport and Making phone calls,
||- Students pronunciation are improved through phonological and pronunciation rules
- Depending on the situation Students can understand when to use Formal or Informal expressions
- Composing Sentences using various connecting words.
- Relatively easy to ask and answer on topics related to daily life.
||- Communicate without difficulty in daily life
- Can easily express ones opinion on issues of interest or interested social issues.
- Understand skills for explanation, description, comparison and expression in appropriate situations
- Expressing Korean naturally with the use of verbal and indirect speech.
||- Expression of opinion concerning current and social topics through already acquired grammar knowledge
- Appropriate use of formal and informal expressions concernig current and social issues
- In-depth knowledge of the korean culture and society by learning idiomatic expressions, idioms and proverbs.
||- Understanding and logically expressing contents related to more advanced fields such as politics, economy, society and culture.
- Use of appropriate expressions in various and complex situations
- Understanding and usage of skills for College such as Impression writing, Criticism writing, Presentations and Discussions.
||- Usage of Korean grammar for professional activites.
- Understanding contents in editorials, newspaper editorials, professional books, literary works, broadcast talks and writing of reports.
- Understanding the Korean culture and way of thinking and having no difficulty in meaning and usage of expression .